Read Chapter Three and consider these questions:
- How does Hooper continue to make Kingshaw unwelcome?
- What new symbol is been introduced? What does it symbolise?
- Why does Hooper torment Kingshaw? (p.35)
- What do the parents think about how the boys are getting on?
Write in your books using quotations if you have access to the text:
- How does the writer make the crow seem terrifying to Kingshaw?
- Do you agree that Kingshaw is presented as both a victim and a person of strength in this chapter?